Майкл Бейли о работе в МГЛУ
Майкл Стивен Бейли, старший преподаватель кафедры последипломного языкового образования ФППК, English Language Fellow, делится своими впечатлениями о работе в МГЛУ.
From September 2019 to March 2020, I collaborated with faculty and staff at Minsk State Linguistic University to enhance the English-language capacities of educators, working professionals and university students. My specific involvements, detailed below, were varied in scope and participant groups.
Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, my time in Belarus and at MSLU ended three months early. Still, I appreciate not only the professional experiences I had during my time in Minsk, but also the opportunity to learn about Belarusian culture and develop friendships with university faculty and staff.
My involvements at MSLU primarily centered on teacher training, ongoing professional development and adult education. In particular, my activities at the university included:
• the weekly teacher-training courses offered through the teacher retraining department
• individual classes with various participant groups in the intensive English department.
• supporting training courses offered by other MSLU departments; the topics of these workshops included British/American culture and language, technology and specific language-skill development.
• workshops for MSLU faculty which covered a broad range of educational topics and engaged participants in relevant discussion.
• outreach through regional workshops and conference involvement.
Again, I'm very grateful for the opportunity to collaborate with staff and students at MSLU, and I wish my Fellowship in Belarus could have continued to the end of the semester.
I particularly appreciate the help and support of Larissa Trigubova, Natalia Demchenko, Tatyana Andreeva, Galina Schislenok and Maryna Hets during my time at MSLU. And of course, the daily assistance of department staff members, including Veronika, Galina and Diana, is also greatly appreciated.